It is our goal to provide the best possible experience here at Kelly’s Music Corner. To that end, we ask that you please read and adhere to the policies listed below.
Music Lesson Policies & Procedures
It takes time and consistent practice to learn an instrument, hone musical skills, etc. Consistent lesson attendance and practice in between weekly lessons are crucial to musical success!
If you are late for a lesson, you will receive instruction up to your scheduled time. If the instructor is running late, you will receive your full scheduled time. There will be no make-ups or reimbursements for tardiness.
If an instructor needs to reschedule a lesson, you will be notified by the instructor, and a new time will be arranged. If a student needs to reschedule a lesson, we ask for at least 24 hours notice. The student (parent/guardian) is responsible for contacting her/his instructor, and a make-up lesson may be arranged. If a student is a no show (no phone call/email/text) for her/his lesson, there will be no reimbursement or make-up lesson arranged. If rescheduling becomes a consistent occurrence, we reserve the right not to extend the courtesy of rescheduling.
Each family is responsible for providing lesson books. Individual teachers will advise on what materials are necessary and how to obtain them.
It is the family’s responsibility to check with their individual teacher for information on delays and closings.
Monthly fees guarantee four lessons per month. Tuition is $150 per month for 30 minute lessons, and $190 per month for 45 minute lessons and is due by the last lesson of the previous month (For example, September lessons must be paid by the student’s final lesson in August). A late fee of $15.00 will be added if payment is not received by the first lesson of the current month. *There will be no prorating and no credit given for missed lessons. No exceptions.*
All payments must be made by automatic withdrawal via a credit card kept on file with KMC. The card will automatically be charged on the last day of the month for the following month’s lessons. Failure to make payments on time and/or failure to pay late fees may result in a student not being allowed to continue lessons.
Withdrawal from Lessons
If a student would like to discontinue lessons, we ask for 30 days notice in writing to the studio. This may be done via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We ask for 30 days notice so that we have time to fill the spot for the teacher.
*Policies subject to change. Families will receive updated policies should this occur.
· Please plan to arrive 5 minutes early for class.
· 45 minutes has been scheduled between classes so that the waiting area and bathroom may be disinfected after each class. If you arrive earlier than five minutes ahead of time, we may not be able to accommodate you in the waiting area as it may not be ready for you yet.
· Classes begin promptly at the listed start time.
· Please be considerate after class, and exit the building in a timely manner. This is to allow sufficient time in between classes to properly clean the waiting area and the bathroom.
Dressing for a Kindermusik Class
· Dress comfortably! Many activities require “floor time” and lots of movement, so loose, comfortable clothing that will allow you and your child to move freely is best.
· All shoes must be left in the waiting area so please have socks for yourself and for your child.
· At some point your child will may not want to participate, may cry, or maybe even have a melt-down! Please know, it is ok!
· Do what needs to be done to comfort them (sometimes the best option is removing them from the classroom area, giving them time and space to calm down, and then re-entering class).
At this time, only the enrolled child may attend class.
Parent (Grandparent, Caregiver) Participation
· *Only one adult per child will be permitted in class at this time.
· Kindermusik is a very special experience! The classes are as much for you as they are for your child. Please participate fully in class and encourage your child to do the same! Your child will follow your lead! Most importantly, have fun! There is no right or wrong way to do anything in our class...there is only your way!
· Do not be discouraged if at some point, your child does not want to participate. This is normal behavior and does not mean that your child isn’t learning!
· Children learn a great deal by simply observing. Sometimes, children need to observe an activity first to become comfortable enough to participate.
· The best thing you can do is to encourage your child to watch and to join in the activity whenever he/she is comfortable
· The Home Materials are not for use during class, and are meant to be kept at home to supplement what we do in class.
· Please make use of these materials in between classes as it makes your child all the more comfortable in class.
· Home Materials will be distributed by week three of the session.
Missing a Class & Make-up Classes
· Under normal circumstances, families were more than welcome to attend another class during the week if they had to miss their regular class. However, due to limiting class sizes, this may not always be possible at this time.
· If you cannot make a class, please call, e-mail, or text prior to the class start time so that I know not to expect you and your child that day.
· If we are able to accommodate you in another class for an in-person make-up, we certainly are happy to do so. However, please be prepared to attend a make-up class virtually.
· Make-up classes will be offered in the event of teacher illness or inclement weather. Fridays will be used for makeup days in an effort to avoid adding classes onto the end of our session (this will be explained in class).
· *Families who no-show (do not contact me prior to missing a class), may not receive a make-up class. Families who give notice will be given priority when scheduling make-up classes.
Toys, Snacks, etc.
· Please keep toys, snacks, sippy cups, etc. out of sight during class. It will be easier for your child to participate in class fully if these items are stowed away before class begins.
· No food or drink is allowed in the classroom area.
Payment Policies, Refunds
· Deposits (non-refundable under any circumstances) are due at the time of registration with balances being due on or before the first day of class.
· Payment plans are available and are arranged on an individual basis. Please speak with Kelly Esposito-Broelmann should you need to arrange a payment plan.
· Class tuition is also non-refundable; credit may be given in extenuating circumstances.
· Please be aware that Kelly’s Music Corner is not responsible for any personal items in the waiting area. You are more than welcome to bring your valuables into the classroom with you.
· Leaving valuables in the waiting area is at your own risk.
· We also ask that you please keep your child in your sight at all times. We are not responsible for unattended children.
· There is a bathroom in the waiting area with a changing table. Please do not change diapers in the waiting area; please use the bathroom for all diaper changes.
· Only the bathroom in the waiting area is for customer use. The bathroom in the Kindermusik room is for teachers.
· If you or your child are feeling unwell, or if you are exhibiting any signs of illness, we ask that you please do not attend class in-person. Please attend class virtually for the duration of your illness (potential illness).
Cell Phone Policy
· Cell phones may not be used in the classroom other than for taking pictures.